Top five Tips to store rechargeable batteries
All of us are aware of the advantages of rechargeable batteries, and that is exactly why people use them these days. They are used extensively across the world. Rechargeable batteries come in various shapes and sizes. There are several types and brands available in market. It all depends upon you and your choice. Well, spending a little extra time and efforts in researching will help you choose the right battery. After you purchase the right battery, your responsibility has not ended. In fact, it has just started. In order to make the most out of it, you must use it effectively and efficiently. Even if it is not in use, you must store it properly if you want your battery in good working condition and make it last longer.
A few simple practices shall help you store them properly. So, let us take a look at some of the most important tips and tricks to store the rechargeable batteries…
- The first and foremost tip is to keep the new rechargeable batteries into its original packet if possible. There are multiple reasons to it; one, the sealed packing makes sure that the batteries do not get affected by the external environmental factors; especially humidity. Another reason is that, there will be no confusion between the new fully charged batteries and the old batteries. Thirdly and the most importantly, it will prevent the terminals to come in contact with the other metals.
- Another important tip is to store them in dry as well as cool place. One thing to keep in mind is that; never ever store your battery that has got extreme temperatures or humidity, as it can damage the battery. You can either store them at around 15 degrees Celsius or a little more. One important tip to remember is, it would be better to store them into the refrigerator, rather than keeping them at room temperature. However, if you are storing it into refrigerator, make sure you pack them tightly in the plastic bag so that it does not get exposed to high moisture level.
- You might not know this; but you should store them at 40 percent charge. It is good to allow discharge them on its own while it has been stored.
- Another tip is that, it is always advisable to store batteries in such a way that the negative and positive terminals are away from each other, otherwise they will start conducting electricity and will gradually gets discharged. The best idea is to purchase the battery storage boxes from the market. This will help you solve this problem.
- One of the most important tips is that, you should never store old and new batteries together. Always, store them differently.
Now that you are aware of some of the most important tips and tricks to store rechargeable batteries, it is advisable for you to remember them and not to forget to implement them when you are not using the rechargeable batteries. Good luck with that!